The Seven Week Mindfulness Training for Providers
Study after study has shown that physicians and care-givers benefit (and may even flourish) from mindfulness based practices that promote “relaxation through nonjudgmental awareness of moment-to-moment sensations and experiences, and reactions.” (Zwack & Schweitzer, 2013) The Healing Tree Project in grounded on a basic skills course. It is specifically geared towards addressing the needs of employers and healthcare providers. In acknowledgement of the time limitations at play and a sensitivity to alleviating stress rather than augmenting, the course is a straight-forward delivery system to teach mind-body practices to allow the provider to learn to navigate present moment awareness with a certain supportive and mindful orientation in the quality of attention.
Improve focus and cultivate stable concentration & attention
Encourage the development of self-awareness, the core component of emotional intelligence
Introduce the skills to improve flexibility and wise responsiveness in the present moment as situations arise
Develop self-care skills, to promote balance, happiness and productivity, to deepen the resiliency and balance
Teach skills around stress management and reduction as well as emotional regulation and calm.
- Teach practices that cultivate empathy, compassion and self-compassion.
- Provide a welcoming space within which to begin learning and practicing mindfulness.
- Introduction to Mindfulness Session
- Week 1: Mindfulness of Body & Breath
- Week 2: Mindfulness of Sensation & Movement
- Week 3: Mindfulness of the Senses & Feeling Tone
- Week 4: Mindfulness of Emotions
- Week 5: Mindfulness of Thoughts
- Week 6: Mindfulness & Compassion
- Week 7: Self-Compassion & Present Awareness
We will work with you to tailor a training to your and your company’s needs, to fashion a training that both fits and serves. We are fully flexible in fitting the training to address the needs and practicalities at hand.